Purpose and Scope
Origin Learning is sensitive to privacy issues on the internet and in general, has no objection to User accessing its website without providing any personal details. However, there are circumstances like those mentioned elsewhere in this policy when Origin Learning (We) may request you to provide personal information.
The purpose of this policy document is to highlight the scope, our obligations and responsibilities, your rights under the laws and regulations governing privacy, information and your consent to collection and use of information by us.
General Principles for Processing Personal Data
For the purpose of this document “Personal data” may be defined as any information that can be used to identify an individual or a set of information from which an individual can be identified or a combination of a set of information which origin collects, possesses and retains in electronic form or otherwise.
While you may browse our website without providing any specific information about you, certain data is gathered by default like:
- The information you provide while registering or requesting contact from us like your name, email id, phone number, company, designation, country etc.
- Information based on the browsing like your Internet Protocol address, your computer system, browser details and all and any such information we may collect through cookies.
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web browser would be a much more frustrating experience.
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect general information about you including name, email address, phone number, residence and office address, designation, country, etc. In some cases, you may also be requested to provide certain information that is categorized as special under some law or regulation. For the collection, access, retention, and use of your information, you should mandatorily provide your consent. The Consent Form can be accessed from here.
You may want to remember that all your consent is voluntary and without any coercion, you have a right to withdraw the consent at any given time. While such withdrawal will not deny your access to our website, nor will there be any adverse consequences, it may in some cases restrict you from availing certain services or use of certain tools or systems for which the information is necessary.
Use of your Information
Your personal information may be used for
- Creating your ID
- To communicate about our product and service offerings
- To contact you and to respond to your queries and requests.
- To understand your browsing behaviour to improve the user experience.
- For troubleshooting and site maintenance, events etc.
- To inform you about various updates, offers,
- To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities.
- To ensure legal compliance.
- Any other purpose for which law does not specifically prohibit the use.
We may use the following means to collect data
- Passive collection
- Tracking technologies
- Search Engine Marketing
- Online advertising including targeted search
Your consent will allow us to use any of the above means to collect data unless it is expressly prohibited under any law or Regulation.
We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties unless forced by law or is necessary to fulfill a transaction you have requested or unless you give permission to us to do so. We may also share such information in response to a legal process, such as court order or subpoena.
However, it may be pertinent to note that the data flow over the internet with weak security and it may be accessed and used by people who are not authorized by us or you.
Data Security and Retention
We store all user information securely, protected via a variety of firewalls and access controls. We also have protocols, controls, and guidelines that govern data security and they are periodically tested.
We will retain the data as long as we deem it necessary. Even if you are not using our services anymore or have terminated the registration or have become dormant the data we had collected will remain in our system for as long as we want. However, if you have provided any special category data, it can be erased at your request any time. In case you want to change, correct or erase data you may contact (name & email Id of concern person)
Your Rights for the Use of Data by Us
You have Right to and entitled to:
- Request access to your personal data we hold about you. This includes the right to know whether we hold any information about you and if we do, request access and the copy of such information.
- The right of rectification, which entitles you to correct, complete and add any information we may have on you.
- Objection to the use and processing of personal data. This may restrict you from using certain tools and systems.
- Right to restrict the use of your data to limited purpose.
- The right of porting the data including requesting a copy of the data we hold and transferring the data to any other data controller authorized by you to collect the data.
- You have the right to request us to erase your personal data at any point of time.
- Despite our best efforts, should you feel aggrieved with respect to any data misuse, abuse, or wrongful use we welcome to contact us for a speedy and just resolution.
You may contact,
Chief Information Security Officer,
Links to Other Websites and Applications
Cross Border Data Transfer
We retain the data within the geography where it is collected. Any data transfer across border is generally not done unless there is a compelling reason to do so, like a legal requirement. However, if the user visits our website from different geographies and provides data that is still retained in the geography in which it was collected. Currently, our main servers are based in India and redundancy servers are based out of India.
Compliance to Privacy Laws
We are compliant with all relevant privacy laws in the geographies we operate.