1. Choose the correct sentence from the two options that have been provided:
A. I live in the United States B. I live in United States
A. I have visited Taj Mahal last year B. I visited Taj Mahal last year
A. Although it was raining, but we went to watch the game B. Although it was raining, we went to watch the game
A. I look forward to meeting you B. I look forward to meet you
A. I have been here for three months B. I have been here since three months
A. Would you like a glass of water? B. Do you like a glass of water?
A. Please explain me how to improve my English? B. Please explain to me how to improve my English?
A. Where is post office? B. Where is the post office?
2. Choose the appropriate word or word phrase to complete the sentences.
1. Supposedly, digital voice discs, or DVDs as they are called, are ---- resistant to scratching ---- records.
A) much / than B) so / as C) such / that D) far more / than E) many more / that
2. I don't have nearly ---- much time for reading ---- I would like to.
A) as / as B) more / than C) so / that D) too / that E) such / that
3. English is today the third ---- native language worldwide after Chinese and Hindi, with some 380 million speakers.
A) the most spoken B) the more spoken C) much spoken D) the least spoken E) most spoken
4. My students' sleepless nights became ---- as the examinations approached and I tried to do my best to overcome that negative feeling.
A) so frequently B) more frequent C) as frequent D) much more frequently E) far more frequent than
5. It is often said that the hyena is an aggressive animal, but in fact it is not ---- many people believe.
A) more vicious B) so vicious that C) as viciously as D) so vicious as E) more viciously than
6. The cupboard was ---- big ---- fit through the door, so we had to take it apart first.
A) too / to B) more / than C) so / that D) enough / to E) as / as
7. The roots of the old tree spread out ---- thirty meters in all directions and damaged nearby buildings.
A) too much B) as much as C) so much D) so many as E) much more
8. According to the recent election's results, the Democrats are ---- of the four main political parties.
A) the smaller B) smallest C) much smaller D) smaller E) the smallest