- When you sign up as a prospective customer, we give you an exclusive free subscription per organization on a promotional basis for an indefinite period to use Origin Learning’s Konnect platform capabilities (Services). If you sign up for a free subscription, you can check out the services anytime at your discretion, with no obligation to continue to use the services. Upon written request, Origin can back up and transfer your data to you at no additional cost.
- If you sign up for free subscription account through our promotional offer, you will be eligible for unlimited user registration. This is subject to change at the sole discretion of Origin with an advance of 15 days written/electronic notice to you.
- You can use the free subscription account only within your organization or company and only for official purposes. You cannot transfer or assign any rights you have under these terms to any other person without a written consent from Origin. You cannot use the services to publish, post, upload offensive, obscene or discriminatory information or content of any kind; you cannot use the website or services to upload material or data in violation of any law (including breach of copyright or intellectual property rights).
- You cannot use the website or services to upload any viruses, worms, trojan horses or bots, or any other form of cyber threats to the network or computer system. Any unauthorised use other than the intended purpose is strictly prohibited.
- You cannot use or attempt to use the Services for competitive analysis or benchmarking of the Services, or to develop competitive services or to directly compete with the Services; you cannot attempt to reverse engineer, hack into, or compromise any aspect of the our Services, or attempt to access data or account information of any other customer of Origin.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) you are provided to access the Services as part of the free subscription. You agree to notify Origin immediately of any unauthorized use of your credential(s).
- Origin shall keep all your personal information and your data confidential to the same extent as its confidential information (this includes your contact details). Because Origin uses third party services to host its platform, all guarantees related to security will be limited to the guarantees offered by the third-party service providers. Origin cannot guarantee the security of any transmission.
- Origin reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to stop or suspend your services without prior notice and without liability if you fail to comply with any of these terms. In such circumstances, you need to acknowledge that Origin may delete your data after termination.
- Origin does not give you any warranty, and your use of our services is at your sole risk. Origin services are provided on an “AS IS” basis or the services will be without any faults or interruptions; while Origin intends to provide services on a 24×7 basis, there will be occasions when the Services may not be available due to system maintenance or other development reasons. In the case of interruption of services for longer periods, Origin will notify you in advance of such activities. Origin does not make any promises or guarantee the accuracy of available information on the website at all times.
- In no event shall Origin be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, revenue, data or use) incurred by you or any third party arising from or related to the use of, inability to use, or the termination of the use of the services, regardless of the form of action or claim (whether contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise) and even if Origin has been informed of the possibility thereof. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Origin, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including settlement amounts and reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Services. You agree to seek and obtain written permission from Origin before agreeing to settle any claim.
- Origin respects the intellectual property of others and expects you to do the same. At Origin’s discretion and in appropriate circumstances (and without limiting the generality of the foregoing “Termination of Use” provision), Origin may terminate your account(s) and/or prevent access to the website or Services by users who infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others.
- These terms and all matters related to our services will be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to the Terms. Any claim, dispute, or action arising, directly or indirectly, to the Terms shall be litigated in the courts located in Fulton County, Atlanta, Georgia and the parties hereto agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
- If you are satisfied with our services and choose to upgrade to a paid account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for setting up your paid account services. You agree to sign a licensing agreement with Origin when you upgrade your free subscription account to a paid account.
Last Updated Date: 13-Jan-2016